I was craving for Pancit Palabok today so instead of buying, i just cooked something for my family :)
Nothing beats homemade Pansit Palabok with lots of toppings and calamansi :D Yumm-oh!
Indulge your eyes with these :
Palabok Noodles / Sauce
1/2 kilo miki noodles
1/2 kilo small crabs
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
4 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in water
1 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
1 1/2 cups of water
Tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
Cooked shrimps, shelled
Squid adobo, sliced into rings
Pork chicharon, grounded
Spring onions, chopped
Hard boiled eggs, shelled, sliced
Fried garlic, minced
Fresh calamansi (lemon), sliced
Pansit Palabok Cooking Instructions:
1. Extract fat and meat from clean crabs, set aside.
2. Pound crab and extract juice on 1 1/2 cups of water
3. On a pan, sauté garlic and onions until golden brown then add crab fat, crab meat, 1 1/2 4. cups of crab wash, patis and MSG. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add corn starch and continue to simmer while constantly stirring until thick.
5. Put miki noodles in a strainer and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
6. Lay drained noodles on a platter and pour the palabok sauce. Garnish with toppings and serve.